Quote

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." - Cicero

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Papap's Teeth by Danielle DeVor

Sara has a grandfather who has a rather odd obsession. Every time she sees him, he pulls a small wooden box out of his pocket, stares at it for a moment, then puts it back. It isn’t something he forgets to do- more like compelled.
One day, Sara is left with her grandfather while her parents go on a business trip. The box is nowhere to be seen until Sara gets ready for bed. The box is on the nightstand. Her curiosity is too much for her. What is inside the box will change her life forever. 


***

I discovered Danielle DeVor earlier today at a Facebook event and she informed me that this book was free on Amazon. After spending the hour with her I decided I needed to check her out immediately!

Papap's Teeth is a very short story and I must say it left me really intrigued - I wanted to read more of it. I wanted to know if something bad happens after Sara passes on her gift. The story was very reminiscent (at least to me) of Goosebumps. Listen, that is a good thing in my book - I was a huge Goosebumps fan growing up.

I will definitely read more of this author. I feel maybe that free short was a ploy all along; get the reader intrigued so we have to buy her other books. Haha, well it worked in my case. I will definitely read one of her novels.

For a super quicky read of the horror(ish) variety, I recommend you check this out. It's free, so what have you got to lose?


No comments: