Quote

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." - Cicero

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Talk Dirty To Me by Dakota Cassidy

Former mean girl Dixie Davis is back in town and it's payback time. Literally. Dixie is flat broke and her best—make that only—friend, Landon, is throwing her a lifeline from the Great Beyond. Dixie stands to inherit his business…if she meets a few conditions:
She's got to live in Landon's mansion. 
With her gorgeous ex-fiancé, Caine Donovan.
Who could also inherit the business. 
Which is a phone sex empire. 
Wait, what? 

Landon's will lays it out: whoever gets the most new clients becomes the owner of Call Girls. Dixie has always been in it to win it, especially when it comes to Caine, who's made it clear he's not going down easy. (Oh, mercy.) Can Dixie really talk dirty and prove that she's cleaned up her act? Game on!
Plum Orchard, Georgia, is about to get even juicier…

***

 I received an ARC of this book for an honest review.


*Takes a snotty deep breath, and throws her tear soaked tissues away* I'm not even sure where to start. I love this series. I knew I would, after reading the prequel, Talk This Way. Talk Dirty To Me was just as funny, just as endearing, just as heartwarming, and just as heartbreaking. I know that reading the prequel, and getting to know Landon and the things that he did leading up to his death, made me appreciate certain scenes - like his funeral - a lot more. But even if you don't read the prequel, and even though in Talk Dirty To Me Landon is dead, he's so alive! His spirit and his essence is in every word of this book. I'm in awe by Dakota's talent. I don't know how she made a character that isn't really there so present. I almost wish the series would take a turn to the paranormal, just so somehow, someway Landon could come back from the dead. That's how powerful this character is. Not only did he impact the lead characters in these books, but I feel like he's impacted me as well.

But it isn't just Landon, I love everything about this series. I love the phone sex operator aspect of it, and all those cooky girls. I loved the story and history between Dixie and Cain, it was a terrific love story. There was nothing lacking, Dakota Cassidy executed every minute detail beautifully. I will say, even though I loved Dixie and this was her story, every time she had a scene with Emmeline, Em stole the show! I'm enamored with that little lady! And I looove their rapport, especially that whole talk about being each other's person. I'm all about a wonderful friendship just as much as a wonderful romance.

I can't stress enough how great Talk Dirty To Me was. I've been up since the day before, because I started reading this in the middle of the night and I could not put it down. I only took a pee break after hours of having to go, when my bladder finally decided it was about to explode.

If you love romance, if you love friendships, if you love love, if you love funny, witty, well written stories - this is the book for you!!! Get it - you can preorder it on Amazon, or get it when it comes out. Just get it.

Keeper shelf forever!

No comments: