Quote

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." - Cicero

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Temptation by Selena Kitt

Leah is a good, Catholic girl, and she and Erica have been best friends since their first communion. Sure, Erica’s father is handsome and charming, but Leah spends so much time at the Nolan’s—just Erica and her famous, photographer father now, since Erica’s mother died—that she’s practically part of the family.

Both girls have led privileged, sheltered lives and are on the “good girl” track at St. Mary Magdalene’s Preparatory College, Leah pursuing her love of dance and Erica sating her endless curiosity as editor of the newspaper. Neither of them could have ever imagined that one fateful discovery will not only push the boundaries of their strict, repressive upbringing, but the bonds of their friendship as well.

Leah certainly never could have imagined finding herself torn between her best friend and her best friend’s father. Sure, Leah’s mother had always talked about Mr. Nolan as “a catch,” but Leah herself had never thought of him as anything other than just Erica’s dad—until the girls discover something darkly erotic under Mr. Nolan’s bed, a deep, shameful secret that will not only lead them into temptation, but will deliver them into a far greater revelation than any of them could ever have imagined. 


 ***
 
Temptation by Selena Kitt is the first part of Under Mr. Nolan's Bed trilogy. From what I've heard, this is a re-creation of a story she had written called Under Mr. Nolan's Bed which she had revised once before and had named Plaid Skirt Confessions. I never read the original or revised version so I will only talk about this re-telling.

I'm very glad that I received an ARC and was privileged to have read it a little sooner than most people. Temptation unfolds in a very straightforward way yet at the same time it's rather tricky. You think yo know how the story will go because the author takes you down a certain path...but then she strays, kind of circles back and starts out in a different place. It's kind of like a cat and mouse game with the readers. It goes from this forbidden erotica to a sweet but hot and steamy romance. I kept thinking, "Aww, that's so romantic...wait, what am I saying!?" But it's true, it was! You can't help who you fall for.

And oh my goodness, that ending! I had my sneaking suspicions about what was going to happen probably about 40 or 50 pages before I finished the book...but I had no idea it was going to end the way it did. Ha! Blew me out of the water!

I really enjoyed every thing about this book; but I do have a particular scene that I found rather memorable and it will probably be with me for the rest of my life. I will not get into details, because I don't like to give spoilers...but there's a scene with Leah - our main character - confessing all of her sins...ALL of them. It was shocking and hilarious, I could not stop laughing! 

Temptation by Selena Kitt officially came out yesterday and the kindle edition is FREE on Amazon until Friday 3/29 so go get your copy!



  What a ride! Cant wait to get started on the next part.





No comments: