Quote

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." - Cicero

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Moonlit Majesty by Crystal-Rain Love

She is the mother of the werewolf race and the heroine that her people have waited over a century to be saved by.
He is the forbidden fruit that caused her banishment and the key to her return.

When the man Zaira blames for the curse hanging over her Pack appears to ask for her help, her first impulse is to rip his throat out, but Addix has been cursed as well.
The two must work together to defeat a common enemy, a dangerous journey which brings them closer yet threatens to separate them forever as they struggle to choose between love and duty.

The 4th installment in the Moonlit series tells the story of the mysterious White Wolf and how forbidden love created an entire race of shapeshifters.


***
God, I love that cover!!! I could stare at it for hours!

This was an interesting book with an interesting concept. In my opinion I found it to be less paranormal and more fantasy. I'm not big on fantasy usually, but I really enjoyed what Rain did. I was very intrigued by the world of Imortia and their queen and the different shifters, and also the different realms that she touched on briefly. Honestly, I would love to read more about it. For me, it's what made the story a pleasant read. Also one of her secondary characters named Merta. She stole the show. She is fearless, and sassy, and bitchy but in a cool way - and she's a dragon! Doesn't get more kick-ass than that. I hope hope HOPE that Rain heeds my advice and writes a story about Merta because I'm not ready to say goodbye to her just yet. I want to know her story leading up to her involvement in Moonlit Majesty and also what she does afterwards.

Crystal-Rain Love is one of my favorite authors - I was her first official fan if you ask around. She is also a good friend of mine. Now, many people would assume because she is a friend of mine, that I would be biased. I think this is true, but not in the way you think. Because I'm her friend, because I know how talented she is and know what she's capable of, I have high expectations. I expect her to make me cry, I expect her to make me want to be in love, I expect her to move me with her words. Unfortunately, I can't say she did that here. I did enjoy the story, and I did smile, but compared to her other Moonlit books or her stand-alones like The Fire Still Burns I must admit the romance aspect fell short for me. And for that reason, I have no choice but to give this story 3.5 stars. 


 Good read, good secondary characters, but not the epic romance I'm used to from her.

No comments: