Quote

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." - Cicero

Monday, January 5, 2015

All I Want For Christmas Is You by Lisa Mondello

Sometimes fate needs a little hand… 

Santa Claus is going to have  a rough season... Lauren Alexander is raising her daughter alone. Abandoned by her family for her decision to keep her daughter Kristen, she has done a pretty good job for the last 6 years. Or she thought she had. That's why she is crushed when kristen gives up her wish for a toy or a goodie and instead askes santa for a present for her mother. Delivering daddies isn't in Santa's bag. 

But this santa has a plan... 

Kyle Preston knows what its like to be abandoned too. Luckily he found the support of loving adoptive parents and has turned himself into one of the most respected real estate developers in town.

Building a house is easy. Building someones trust is a whole other story. But a little Christmas magic can make all the differences in the world.

***

I wanted to get into the Christmas spirit this year so I picked a book with that in mind. This is the first story from author Lisa Mondello that I read. I liked the concept of the story; it was very cute but I almost felt as if timeline wise the story was too rushed. It didn't seem realistic to me. The span of time in their relationship from platonic to serious was way too fast for my liking.

The characters themselves were fine and I appreciated each of them. Lauren being a single mother and having to do it all on her own, I think we can all relate to that story as a lot of people have either been raised by a single parent or is one.  And Kyle's character I appreciated because even though he was wealthy, he had humble beginnings and really worked hard for the things that he had and kept his family first. With those two characters, it should be a shoe-in for a warmhearted  Christmas tale.
   
But like I previously mentioned, the story seemed too rushed. I feel like the author could have spent a little more time with the details as filler. Maybe draw out the story a little. I get that the timeline of when her daughter asked Santa for a dad (start of Christmas season) to when she actually received a dad (on Christmas) was the point, but that's what made it seem unreal to me. I would have liked to see a longer courtship than a couple of weeks to a month. 




No comments: