Quote

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." - Cicero

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wicked By Any Other Name by Linda Wisdom


Anastasia 'Stasi' Romanov, is the good, well-behaved, well-mannered witch of the group who runs a little side business within her lingerie shop. Love charms. You see, Stasi is all about love. She gives Cupid a run for his money. When a disgruntled customer accuses Stasi of ruining her marriage with her magic, she serves her papers. Stasi is being sued in Wizard's Court. If she loses the case, she may lose her magic.

That's where Trevor Barnes comes into play. He's the attorney- and wizard -in charge of bringing justice to the mortal women. When Trevor and Stasi meet, sparks fly. All sorts! A lot of them good. But everyone knows wizards and witches just don't mix.

It's up to Stasi to clear her name, protect her heart, and save her town and the townspeople from unseen evil forces. Because she knows there's something else going on besides the lunar eclipse and Mercury retrograde.

And it's up to Trevor to find out the truth behind the lawsuit, because he suspects his client isn't as innocent as she first appeared. Trevor hates bullies. He'll also help Stasi figure out the mysteries that are in town, as well as convince her that the attraction they feel for eachother is not just a result of Cupid's practical joke.

Now I must admit that I love Jazz Tremaine, so far she's my favorite witch from this series. But Stasi stole my heart. She's sweet, kind, and caring. And she has much more inner strangth than anyone- including herself -thought she had. I like that she's the complete opposite of Jazz; quiet and subdued.

I really enjoyed this part of Linda's Hex series. I like how each girl is unique and has their own special talents and quirks. Stasi's hiccups are adorable! I also enjoyed Horace, the perverted gargoyle. He's funny. And I was very happy when Jazz dropped by with Fluff and Puff and Irma. I was missing them. Trevor Barnes is hot! And I approve! LOL I feel like the other witches, being overprotective of Stasi. She really stole my heart. :)

Can't wait for the next book! (Which I believe comes out next month)

No comments: