Quote

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." - Cicero

Friday, January 15, 2010

Hex In High Heels by Linda Wisdom


Hex in High Heels is the 4th book from the Hex Series. It stars Blair Fitzpatrick, Stasi's best friend and roommate. We know Blair from Linda's previous books as having an in-your-face type attitude and an overall temperament similar to Jazz's.

At the end of the previous book, Wicked by Any Other Name, Blair finds out that Jake Harrison, the hot carpenter she has been crushing on, and the border collie that hangs around her residence, are one and the same. She knows Jake likes her just as much as she likes him, but he's resistant of her advances.

Not that that's gonna stop Blair.

In between trying to seduce Jake, Blair and Jake have to come together and protect the town and lake from the new residents, Jake's old pack. The pack of werewolves is led by Jake's brother, who wants to steal the land away from Blair and Stasi and wants to see Jake dead.

A lot of alpha energy pushing and shoving between Jake, his brother, their mother and Blair. But Blair is one powerful witch, with powerful witch friends, and she's one formidable opponent. She will do everything to save her town, and save the man she loves from his crazy family. Jake is part of her pack now, and her pack is a much better one to be in.

What a great story! So many things happen all at once. I love that. Between the pack drama there's foul smelling elves, and problems with Fluff and Puff (love those guys). Blair is a lot like Jazz, as I said before, but she's still a different character from Jazz. Overall it was a beautiful and well told tale, and all the characters (good and bad) really spoke to me.

Though I must admit the character I liked the most was Jake's ex fiance. A sexy werewolf named- you ready for this? -Jennifer Santiago.

That's me, you guys! I'm biased, I'll admit it. I won a fanfiction contest last year and Linda Wisdom put me in her book. I was most excited to see myself- and my name -in one of her books. I'm a big fan of this series, if you haven't noticed.

Anyway, for a dramatic and hilarious fun time, read Hex in High Heels. You will love it!


Can't wait till the next book!

No comments: