Quote

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." - Cicero

Monday, January 18, 2010

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl


A book filled with Magic, Love, and Suspense…


While Ethan Wate is counting down the days until he can escape from the small town of Gatlin, South Carolina, new girl Lena Duchannes is counting down the days until her fate is decided.

Once Lena arrives, everyone in town shuns her away immediately.

Ethan is dealing with a death in the family and is having a difficult time accepting the fact that his father has secluded himself from the world.

Lena is a mysterious girl who is struggling to deal with her ‘abilities.’

But no matter how different, these two teenagers are drawn to each other like magnets.

Ethan is determined to find out why. In the process, there are plenty of secrets and a lot of paranormal chaos…it’s anything but easy.

***

It’s a very short review, but if you’ve read the back of the book, you’ll understand why. I don’t want to give away details without spoiling the ending to such a great book!

So, I came across this novel by accident. I bought if intentionally for my little cousin… and lucky me, decided to order it online; therefore, leaving me to either return it, or keep it for myself and read it!

Guess what I did? Lol.

And I have to say, I am super happy about keeping the book; I loved it because it held my attention from the first page to the very last… even though there’s a lot of reference to the Civil War – it was needed.

It is a thick book, but don’t let that prevent you from reading it; the pages fly by.

I felt that it was well written, the characters were likable, everything in it was there for a reason, and all the mysteries were unraveled in the end.

If you like urban fantasy and YA Paranormal Romance…you’ll enjoy this.


No comments: