Quote

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." - Cicero

Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Watermark by Travis Thrasher


Sheridan Blake has made his share of mistakes. Seven years ago he ruined his life and destroyed so many others. He is haunted by his past and wishes he can forget, but it's impossible. Especially when everyone around him brings it up.

When Sheridan meets Genevie Dayton, he wants so badly to open up about his past, but fails because he's afraid of what she'll think.

It's a story about having hope and getting forgiveness. Sometimes turning to prayer and God helps ease the pain and helps a person to move forward and look at life in a different way.

My goal was to start reading new authors rather than my normal ones, and I saw this book on the shelf of the public library. It's very different from anything I've ever read and I have to say, I was very pleased.

It took sooo long to actually know the whole 'mistake' that he had done, but at the end of the book, I realized it had to be that way. It was to show the agony Sheridan was going through. In order to believe it and feel the emotion, the reader couldn't know exactly what happened in the beginning.

I just loved the story as a whole, the characters, the concept, everything. Yes, it was religious, but you didn't get overwhelmed and it was in the right places. The ending was good too which is always a plus.


No comments: