Quote

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." - Cicero

Monday, April 5, 2010

Tough Luck by Jason Starr


Mickey Prada is a guy who lacks confidence and self-esteem. He's a smart kid, but hangs out with the wrong people, and eventually makes all the wrong choices and they all have consequences.

He works at a seafood market in Brooklyn and has delayed college to help take care of his sick father instead of putting him into a 'home.'

His life seems normal, until he meets, Angelo Santoro, at the market. Angelo keeps asking Mickey to place bets for him and because he's a nice kid, he agrees. The problem is, Angelo is losing every single time and Mickey's life seems to get complicated.

Mickey is reluctant and furious when he needs to dip into his savings account because Angelo won't pay up. He's in dire need of money, so when his best friend, asks to join him in a can't-lose plan, he goes along.

But it backfires and everything else seems to be going wrong.

**

Well, I was disappointed in the book. Did I expect it to be good?? I think I was hoping it would...but it was a waste of time. I could have easily put it down, but it got me curious as to what would happen and how it would end. I thought it would get better.

I can't even begin to tell you what was wrong with it, because I'm not exactly sure. It just was awful.

I'm definitely not reading this author again.



No comments: