But when Matilda’s recent one-night stand shows up with inside information about the heist she’s being framed for, she finds herself caught between a hit man and a demigod both offering to protect her—if they don’t kill each other first.
If Matilda’s luck doesn’t change soon, death might be the only thing waiting for her at the end of the rainbow.
I thought the first part of this series was funny, but I was not prepared for the hilarity of Unlucky! I guess leprechauns are funnier than Cupid. And with a name like Felicitous Firecratch McWhiskeybottom it's no wonder. From the get-go Cynthia St. Aubin had me laughing. This lady has one helluva sense of humor; and if aliens are abducting humans and conducting experiments, I think they should abduct Cynthia and take a peek at her brain - she's insane and I say that in the most loving way possible.
Unlucky takes place only a few days after the events of Unlovable which was a nice surprise for me, since I thought the second part would take place a little bit later. I feel bad for poor Dr. Schmidt, having to go through more life threatening and supernatural adventures when she still hasn't fully recuperated from the first round. But where there's danger and magical beings, there's Liam and Crixus. I was team Liam after reading the first book. Now that I've read the second, I'm still team Liam, though I must admit, at times Crixus almost got me to switch sides (but he's cheating, I'm sure he's using his demigod powers!)
Not much I can say about this story without spoiling it for everyone, so I will just say, if you're looking for a quick read that is smart, funny, hot, sweet, and super imaginative, then I suggest you pick this book up. You will not be disappointing!
Uncensored comments from Kindle:
- Crixus didn’t kiss. He conquered. - I just found that line so hot!
- “That a leprechaun in your pocket? Or are you just happy to see me?” - LMAO!
- "He killed you." "What?" - WHAT!?
- “Don’t ask questions if you’re not ready for the answer.” - This is getting gooood! Liking Crixus a lot more this time around.
- Such a naughty little book! I love a good innuendo - and there's plenty here.
- If Crixus conquered, Liam persuaded. - Mmm, hell yeah! Get em, Liam!
- *snorts* Who calls shotgun to bed? LOL!
- Aww. How did Cynthia manage to make me feel bad for Crixus?