Quote

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." - Cicero

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Remembering Ashby by Heather Long

Melanie is chosen as one of five maidens that will represent the Goddess in the rituals of Beltane to bless the peace talk between several clans. She is to be but a mere vessel to the Goddess, never taking her hooded cloak off or fraternizing with any of the clan members. But then she locks her gaze upon Adam...his eyes, blue ringed with violet are an instant pull for Melanie and she finds herself disobeying more and more orders as they get closer to one another.

But she is to give her maidenhood in the name of the Goddess during the festival, something she was prepared to do until she got to know Adam. And until she overhears a disturbing conversation between the Sorcerer and an unknown person about the maiden with the white feathered mask...her mask....

What a lovely story. I’m still chocked up as I write this, a goofy love induced grin on my face that I can’t seem to get rid of. It’s a short story but it’s so beautiful, and it fills me with hope and reminds me of what I am waiting for in life. True love. A love so pure and powerful it can overcome anything if you believe in it and risk all you know to find it. It’s a simple story, yet it is different, unique, creative and I loved every word of every page. Thank you Heather for writing such a marvelous tale and for writing such unique individuals. I feel like I know every single one of your characters.

Oh and the cover is beautiful! Almost forgot to mention it, hehe.

I should also mention that Heather Long is hosting a contest. Looks like it’s really good. Click here to check it out!

No comments: