Quote

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." - Cicero

Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers by Angie Fox


Demon slayer Lizzie Brown is back in the sequel to The Accidental Demon Slayer. No time to rest or train, Lizzie, Dimitri, Pirate and the Red Skulls head to Vegas to rescue her fairy godfather from the clutches of a succubus named Serena. But before she can even enter Las Vegas she must take her demon slayer license test, something she didn’t even know existed. And if that weren’t enough, she’s about to walk right in the middle of a succubus invasion. With 25 succubi in the area and Dimitri slowly being eaten alive (Dimitri may have forgotten to mention that griffin happens to be a favorite among succubi), Lizzie must rely on her new demon slayer powers and whatever help she can find to rescue the people she has begun to see as family.

The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers is just as great as the first part. I love the characters Angie Fox created, they are so unique! I absolutely love the relationship between Lizzie and Dimitri, it’s so beautiful, especially towards the end of the book. I cried! I’m still a big fan of the coven, those are some crazy ladies! I’m glad I got to see more of her grandma since she was stuck in hell for a big portion of the first book, but I missed Ant Eater, I think she’s my favorite biker witch. I also loved Phil and I cried my eyes out in the end. Such a great character, I think everytime I pass a Cinnabon I’ll think of him. LOL.

Angie Fox has great ideas and I can’t wait to see what else she comes up with. So go out and buy The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers and if you haven’t yet, buy The Accidental Demon Slayer (click here for my thoughts on the first book).


No comments: