Quote

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." - Cicero

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Taken by Selena Kitt

Lizzy's friendship with her older boss, Sarah, turns into something deeper and much more exciting one rainy day after work, and Lizzy finds herself drawn into a world she never knew existed. Sarah has a dominant streak, and as she leads Lizzy into the role of a submissive, the two women become closer than they ever thought possible. But while Sarah, hurt too many times, wears a ring, and tells guys she's "taken," Lizzy knows she secretly longs for a man. Determined to find one for them both to share, Lizzy is just about to give up when a dark, handsome, virile answer shows up right under her nose. Lizzy may think she and Sarah are going to seduce David--but she underestimates their handsome co-worker, and David turns the tables on them both. But will he be able to tame the untameable Sarah?

*** 

This is the second Selena Kitt book I've read and I've gotta tell you, she is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. I seem to go in knowing what the story is about, I do read the blurbs, but somehow it's even more special than the blurb lets on. She seems to have this knack of creating really unique stories and Taken was no exception. I was instantly captivated by Lizzy and Sarah's relationship; and though at first David didn't seem like an interesting character, as the story progressed I became more and more intrigued by him. 

If you haven't realized by the cover, this is an erotic story and those scenes are pretty darn steamy! Especially when Lizzy, Sarah, and David all get together. Wow! That was something special.

I will admit, I was sad that the story ended, and the way that it did. Every page that you read of this book, hooks you in just a little bit more; you want more and more and more, and then it's just over. I was left feeling confused and sad by the way it ended. I would have liked to have had some more closure...maybe an epilogue with the characters 5 or 10 years later. But even with the ending...even though I wasn't 100% satisfied with it, in a way I also was. It made me cry! I love books that make me cry. 

So Selena Kitt, you officially have a new fan.   





Because it left me longing for something...

No comments: