Quote

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." - Cicero

Monday, January 7, 2013

Connections by Selena Kitt

In the bygone days before cell phones, lonely Cathy, college dropout, works in a grocery store and makes completely random phone calls to strangers just to make a human connection. When a strange coincidence forces her to actually speak to the person on the other end of the phone, she's suddenly thrust back into the world, with all its vulnerability. Will Seth be able to draw Cathy back into the land of the living?

***

Wow. Bizarre. I've never read anything like this before. Very odd story. Fascinating. Personally, I don't think the blurb gives it justice. I can't even put together sentences to describe this story, my brain just keeps giving me the same adjectives. And I do not mean that in a bad way. When I first started reading this (very short) novella, I was confused by Cathy's actions. Why does she randomly call people? And if you read this, you'll see it goes a little beyond that. I found her actions bizarre. But then as the story progressed I felt such a deep sadness for her. I think it resonated with me on a deeper level that I care to admit. When Cathy and Seth finally meet is so cute. Flirty fun is what came to mind. This is a very very short read and it only had one sex scene which surprised me because since it's an erotica, I assumed there would be more. But I am not complaining at all! That scene was perfect. Selena Kitt didn't just write it because she needed to, you can clearly see - and expect - it to happen. And the way it happened was 100% true to the characters. I was intrigued and in awe and at the end of it, all I could think was, "Damn, I wish my first time had been like that!"

Selena Kitt, I must read more of your stories. I need to know if this was an anomaly.

Also, you can now get this story for free on Amazon. It is part of the Best Sellerst list for erotica. So you definitely have no excuse - check it out!


This story is the reason why I read.



No comments: