Quote

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." - Cicero

Monday, January 7, 2013

Sugar Shack by Paisley Scott

Ten years ago, Catherine Bennett said good-bye to her fiancé, Luke MacKenzie, and his maple farm in Vermont. She wanted to be somebody. She wanted to break out of a small town existence and live the city life. But the higher she flew, the less satisfied she was, in love and life. She had left her heart behind. And she'd never forgotten the sizzling sex with blond-haired, muscular Luke.


Now, when her job takes her back home to Vermont, old feelings flame to life. But is Luke still interested? Is he married? And can he ever forgive her for leaving him so long ago? Only one thing's for sure; there's still an attraction...

***

We're coming back strong! This is not the first Paisley Scott story I've read - I'm a huge fan of Secret Santa 4U. I was expecting something great and she did not let me down, I was instantly hooked. I was intrigued by Catherine and curious about where the story was headed and how these two characters were going to meet up again.This being an erotic novella I was expecting it to sizzle and boy did it sizzle! Those scenes were done so well, and I honestly enjoyed the story as a whole - not just the sex scenes. My only issue (if it can be called that) was that it left me wanting more. Now this could just be because I did thoroughly enjoy the story and the characters, but I felt like I wanted to see them interact more with each other outside of the bedroom. Since this is an erotic story, obviously that's where the main focus was. So I guess what I'm saying is, if it would have been done as a novel, then we would have had more scenes outside of the bedroom and it would have been an even better experience for the readers.

I would also like to give the memorable mention award to Nita Graham; she only appeared briefly in the beginning of the story but I really liked her and her interaction with Catherine. Again, maybe if the story had been longer, we would have seen more of her. That would have been great.

I should also mention that this story is currently #1 on Amazon's Best Sellers for erotica, and they are currently offering the kindle version for free. So this would be a great time to check it out. ;)



Great writing, great characters, great story. Paisley Scott = Great!

No comments: